Tele2 IoT is the company within the Tele2 Group responsible for all business connected to Internet of Things. We orchestrate communication between devices and machines, to help companies and organizations launch successful IoT solutions. At Tele2 IoT we focus on what we do best; deliver global connectivity and IoT enabling services. Our best-of-breed partners contribute with their area of excellence. Our high quality IoT offering, combined with the strengths of our selected partners, truly reduce the complexity of both large- and small-scale IoT deployments. Together we make IoT happen.
Tele2 IoT strive to be the champions of customer value in everything we do. We are challengers and fast-movers, always looking to provide solutions that fits the specific needs. Together, we develop a smarter world through real-time information, enabling actionable insights for businesses to excel and societies to thrive.
Tele2 IoT are now looking for a Software Engineer
This is the job…
As the IoT Software Engineer, you will report to the Director of Data and Analytics. The objective of the role is creating a data driven culture in the organization and to provide advice for fact based decision making by building tools that provides information that is accurate, available and consistent.
This is what you will do…
- Design, develop, and test data-driven products and features – full stack development of the data and analytics platform ranging from data ingestion and transformation to data consumption and analytical tools
- Improve data quality through testing, tooling and continuously evaluating performance
- Work with state-of-the-art data processing frameworks, technologies, and platforms
- Work with end-to-end development from requirement and implementation to providing DevOps support
This is what you have…
- Strong belief/knowledge in Agile methodologies
- University degree in engineering / computer science / mathematics or similar
- Minimum 2 year working as a developer
- Technical Skills Preferred
- Experience working with large datasets in R, Python, SQL
- Experience from using AWS and/or micro-services architecture supporting Big Data
- Understanding of multiple modeling techniques
- Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills
This is who you are…
- Self-driven, hungry and results-oriented
- Positive and optimistic attitude
- Creative and innovative approach to challenges and problems
- Cooperates and collaborates well with others
- Strong social and communicative skills
- Collected and organized under pressure
- Living the Tele2 Way in your daily work
- Challenge – Always act as a challenger
- Action – Be proactive and always provide the solution
- Cost conscious – Be smart and always have the lowest cost
- Open – Be humble, honest and always straightforward
- Flexible – Love change. Always lean. Always fast.
- Quality – Always meet customer expectations
This is what Tele2 can do for you…
- a place in a flexible, approachable organisation that is characterised by strong team spirit, high commitment and satisfaction, where your expertise will make a difference.
- extensive opportunities to exciting career moves within Tele2. With us, your future will be in your hands. We provide you with the opportunity to develop through internal training courses and further-development programmes.
- We take care of you, both in your role in the company, but also outside. With us, there are opportunities for flexible work and benefits in terms of health, parental allowance and pension.
If you want to know more about Tele2 and those of us who work here, visit us at www.tele2.se/career and read more.
The position is in Riga, Latvia.
You are welcome to submit your application not later than August 14th, 2017. Selection and interviews are conducted continuously.